Founder Of USA Freestyle Martial Arts
Hi! I started my martial arts journey as a little boy, at first I have to admit I was
timid to attend, but after a few lessons I really began to enjoy training. During Jr. high school through high school I cross trained with Tae Kwon Do, Wrestling,
and Judo eventually becoming a top competitor in all three disciplines. Since
then I have trained in Boxing, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Escrima, Karate, Jeet Kune Do, Wushu, Aikido, Kajukempo, Ju Jitsu, Israeli self-defense and weapons. I have had the honor to train with martial art Legends, Olympians, and World Champions. My Passion became martial arts and I wished to share my experience with others. While attending San Diego State University, I started to teach for Free or for a nominal fee to anyone who wished to learn martial arts. In 1986, USA Freestyle Martial Arts was founded and I have had the privilege to be a part of many peoples lives. I encourage you to try a class and be part of the USA Freestyle Martial Arts family!
Rank: 7th Dan
- Favorite Food: Asian Fusion
- Favorite Vacation Spot: the entire globe, but I do enjoy Punta Del Este, Uruguay!
- Favorite Hobby: Martial Arts
- Why you started martial arts? My father did not give me an option
- Favorite Martial Arts movie: Bruce Lee's "Enter the Dragon"
- Favorite non MA movie: Star Wars
- Why you continue to do martial arts? It's a life long journey!
- Years of martial arts experience? Almost 40
- Occupation: Personal Development through the martial arts / Entrepreneur
- What you like most about USAFMA? All of of the wonderful people : )
- Favorite book: "Tuesdays with Morrie" by Mitch Albom
- Proudest moments: Every time one of our students earn a Black Belt!
- Favorite thing to do in San Diego: I enjoy the beautiful weather
- Favorite sports team: Team Freestyle!
- Favorite TV show: the original "Kung Fu"
- Other Fun Fact: I love Superheroes that save mankind!